Saturday 26 December 2015

Star Wars Book Tag!

So I wasn't actually tagged by anyone but in case you all didn't know, I love Star Wars. And when I was crawling around Booktube, I found a video from Elizabeth Paige with her Star Wars Book Tag, the video is found here: x

I didn't come up with this tag, I'm just sharing my answers with you all, go and check out her video for yourselves!


1) R2-D2: A book that made you laugh out loud. 



A book I'm going to pick for this question has to be Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, Rose is just such a funny character and it's hard not to laugh along with her witty comments and thoughts, even in the most serious of times. 






2) Padme Amidala: A kick ass female character. 




I'm going to be fairly obvious with my choice for this question and I'm going to say Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling, she is your typical kick ass main female lead. She's smart, she's brave and she doesn't rely on a love interest to get her through the trials that she most obviously faces. I mean, at 11 years old, she basically faces death and doesn't even blink!









3) Leia Organa: Best or Worst Love Triangle 



For this one I'm going to do both. 

Worst:  Aspen, America and Maxon in The Selection by Kiera Cass just because I hated Aspen. He was quite possibly the most frustrating love interest ever, he was more whiny than the female lead, which is rare in YA. 

Best: I'm going to say Jem, Will and Tessa in The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare, both Jem and Will must be protected at all costs. 







4) Luke Skywalker: A rising star/new author that you love. 



For this one, I'm going to say Derek E. Sullivan, who is the author of a book called Biggie. I received a copy of that book from Netgalley last year and I absolutely loved it, the storyline was interesting, the writing was incredibly fluid, I loved it in general. I don't think he has any other books out at the moment. 



5) Anakin Skywalker: A book series that started good but ended bad. 

Can I just say that I love Anakin. 

For this, I'm going to give a similar answer to Elizabeth Paige and say, The House of Night series by PC and Kristen Cast. I hate this book series now, I'm on book 10 and I'm trying to find the strength to carry on with it. Book one, Marked, was incredible, it's still one of my favourite but of course it has to be awful now. 
It's so bad. I'm gonna say worse than Anakin.

6) Qui Gon Jinn: Worst character death. 





I'm going to say Dobby because you know, Dobby. 

But also Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars,) Prim (The Hunger Games,) and also Finnick. 











7) Han Solo: A book with a lot of sass. 



I'm going to say The Rain by Virginia Bergin, I think that Ruby is a pretty sassy character who holds her own pretty well and although she annoyed me in places, I think her funny personality in the face of adversity gives me a lot of joy.




8) Emperor Palpatine: Best World Building.




Game of Thrones by George R R Martin is without a doubt one of the best worlds that I have ever read. The world of that series is so complex and intricate that it's almost possible to imagine yourself being there...Except I wouldn't want to be. 

Also, The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis, who can beat Narnia? Very few people to be honest!





9) Obi Wan/Ben Kenobi: A book you went into with low expectations that blew you away. 



The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu, I didn't expect much, I never do for hyped books as often they're hyped for all the wrong reasons. But I was completely shot out of the water by this book series. I loved it!








10) Yoda: A book that taught you something/made you grow.


Ooooo here comes a choice that isn't YA or fiction, how different. 

I'm going to say Life With A Sprinkle of Glitter by Louise Pentland. And no, before you ask, I'm not a 14 year old who is obsessed with Youtube, I'm an 18 year old who is obsessed with Youtube. But this book, although not exactly a guidance book, did change my outlook on certain situations. I try and be a bit more positive, as I'm naturally quite pessimistic, and there's no way to read this and not feel optimistic. 

It's hard to describe, but definitely this book. 





11) Darth Vader: Your favourite villain. 

I have a lot of favourite villains. I'm sometimes more attached to the villains than I am the main character...for this I'm going to say Sebastian from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I really loved this villain, I still do. He was just so lovable and I think I liked him more than I liked Clary...Is that a controversial opinion? 



So, yeah! That was my Star Wars Book Tag, I tag anyone that reads this and thinks "Hey I like Star Wars and Books!" 

As always, let me know what your thoughts are and if you do the tag, send me the link!

Links: 

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/20748319-connie
Twitter: @conniedalt
Instagram: @conniedalt
Tumblr: suchamagicalconcept.tumblr.com
Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/drowning-in-books-14512651
Email: conniedalton@hotmail.com
Category:

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this is such a great tag! I must agree about Hermione being awesome and Aspen being the complete opposite XD he can't even compare to the beautiful people that are Jem & Will. Also I loved Sebastian so much and while I think Clary is amazing (not for a second did I ship those two, like no ahah) he might just have won me over - though he is undoubtedly an evil bastard! My heart broke for him, just like it did for each character death you mentioned *goes to cry in corner*
    Anyways, great post :D I'm a new follower so I look forward to more
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't ship them for a second either! I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a soft spot for Sebastian! Thank you so much for following <333

      Delete