Friday 20 November 2015

Review: Game of Thrones






Title: Game of Thrones
Series: A Song of Fire and Ice #1
Author: George R. R. Martin
Genre: Fantasy, adventure
Publication Date: August 6th 1996
Pages: 805















Can you really sum up what Game of Thrones is about?
I mean, really, it has a very complicated plot about a lot of complex characters. 

Summer won't last forever. 

And winter is coming. 

That's the one thing that the Stark's have always said. And now that it is approaching, the race for the Iron Throne is upon us. With the threat of the white-walkers coming closer to the wall that protects them, the country must come to action, with the King, Robert calling people to war, including Ned Stark. 

But not everything in the court is as it seems. 

Nothing in Westeros and beyond is what it seems.

When you play a game of thrones...You win or die. 





I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS BOOK. 

I bought this series about a year ago, coming from the city where the TV show, Game of Thrones is filmed, it was almost criminal that I knew nothing about this series. So many people had ranted and raved about it too me, but it always just sounded too dark for my liking. 

But one day, I decided to do it. 

And I loved every moment of it!

From the get go, I was so intrigued by the world of this book. Many fantasy writers claim to do something original, but I believe that Martin has done that! I have never in my life read something like this! I immediately loved the majority of characters, I hated who I was supposed to hate and for some characters, I was able to make up my own conclusions. 

My favourite characters are: 

    • Jon Snow
    • Ned Stark
    • Bran Stark
    • Arya Stark
    • Daenerys Targaryen
My least favourite characters are: 

    • Catelyn Stark
    • Cersei Lannister
    • Sansa Stark
    • Joffery Lannister
    • Jaime Lannister
    • Viserys Targaryen 
And yes, that is in order. 

I really hate Catelyn Stark. 

But yes, I am completely obsessed with this world and I can't wait to read more of it! I've also started the first series of the TV show, and so far, it's pretty accurate to the books!

(*I also had to use a photo of my own edition of this book because it was so pretty. No other reason. Just aesthetic.*)

QOTD: Have you read/watched any of the Game of Thrones world?






My Links: 

    • Bloglovin': see sidebar!
    • Goodreads: sunstormsandthunderclouds
    • Instagram: @conniedalt
    • Twitter: @conniedalt
    • Tumblr: suchamagicalconcept.tumblr.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment