Monday 24 October 2016

Scorched Souls: The Chosen Trilogy #3 by Jeff and Erynn Altabef || Review




I received a digital copy of this book in exchange for a honest review, with thanks to the authors, Jeff and Erynn Altabef!

Title: Scorched Souls
Series: The Chosen Trilogy #3
Author: Jeff and Erynn Altabef
Publication Date: 24th October 2016
Publisher: Evolved Publishing
Pages: 300
My Rating: 5 stars 








Not everything is black and white. 
Sometimes, things will surprise you with how grey they are. 

Juliet has to make a choice. Who will she trust and who will follow her on her mission to stop the Alphians and the Deltites ripping the Earth apart in an ancient feud? But with unlikely allies along the way, and a lot riding on her shoulders, will Juliet be able to cope with the pressure? 

Along with Juliet. as she meets the Prime Elector for the first time, we follow the story from Connor's point of view as he struggles to better himself in the world around him, and Barrett, an Alphian who has been sent on a hell bent mission by his father. 

Can they stop the world as they know it from being destroyed? Or will their differences hinder them?


I read the first two books of this series sometime last year, and I really enjoyed it, as dystopian (at that stage) was my favourite YA Genre. That's changed now, however, I still found myself really loving and enjoying this world as we followed Juliet through her mission. I loved how much we got to see her grow throughout the three books, she went from trusting very few, to trusting openly and being a more likable and well rounded heroine. 

My first two reviews can be found here: 

Wind Catcher (Book One): https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1416679117?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1

Brink of Dawn (Book Two): https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1417738661?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1

You can see even in my previous reviews how much my views on Juliet changed! I thought she was rash in the first book, yet better in the second. This book I thought that she was pretty brilliant. She was strong and brave but also amazingly human! I think that's what is lacking in Dystopian books sometimes, the human side of it. 

Connor made for an interesting character too, we watched as he fell in love with Juliet, and how he also failed miserably in love. We learn about his troubled background, orphaned, drinking, the lot. But we also see his fire to become a better person in this book. And I think that's why I felt so gravitated towards his character. He was hopeful. 

Barrett was the spanner in the works. 

I didn't know what to think of him at first, thinking he was just a teenager against his father's rules, but through him we learn that not everything is how it seems. It teaches us that there is good in both sides of the divide, and there is also bad. It forces Juliet to not only think, but for the reader to think that there is always two sides to a story. 

Overall, I think this was a brilliant wrap up to the trilogy, all this week WIND CATCHER WILL BE FREE AND BRINK OF DAWN WILL BE ON SALE to celebrate the release of this book! 

My Links: 


Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/20748319-connie
Twitter: @conniedalt
Instagram: @conniedalt
Tumblr: suchamagicalconcept.tumblr.com
Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/drowning-in-books-14512651
Email: conniedalton@hotmail.com

2 comments: